Are you looking for irrefutable pieces of proof for Christianity? Does God really exist? Can we trust what the Bible teaches?
Whether you are a skeptic who wants to know more about the Bible or a Christian who seeks to strengthen his/her faith, it is important to get familiar with the most common arguments that prove or disprove the claims of Christianity.
With over 2.2 billion adherents of the Christian faith, it’s hard to ignore its teaching. After all, if Christianity is false, then we can dismiss it as nothing but a collection of fables and myths. HOWEVER, if Christianity is true, then you need to live this life according to its teachings.
In this blog, let me share with you some of the most amazing books that have been written throughout the ages about Christian apologetics. Any of these books will surely help you build a strong and unshakable faith. Make sure you read my list of 10 books that prove Christianity is true in May 2022.
Editor’s note: This list is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Moreover, I have my own fundamental beliefs that may differ from that of the authors, creators, and sellers of the products featured here. Finally, I am an Amazon Affiliate Program participant. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I would highly appreciate it if you buy books through my site. Thank you!
Book no. 1: Is the Bible True?
- Author: United Church of God
- Amazon rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars
I’d like to start with something that’s free. In this helpful Bible study guide, you will learn the different pieces of evidence that point to the Bible’s veracity. The book includes pieces of evidence found within the pages of the Bible and external sources. Open your mind to the new truths and learn how to defend your faith from this highly informative, but free book. (Please note that Amazon adds a price for the book, but you will find the link to get the book for free from the description.) (Grab your copy here.)
- Powerful, concise, and straight to the point illustrations
- Includes corrections on how some people misunderstood the Bible
- The book opens up new arguments that could have been explained much deeper
- Author: J. Warner Wallace
- Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (1K+ customer reviews)
Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels is written by a highly-skilled homicide detective. The book presents an exciting and thrilling approach to examining the evidence and testimony of eyewitnesses behind the Christian belief. To make things interesting, Wallace uses compelling illustrations to validate every claim of Christianity. (Grab your copy here.)
- The arguments are laid in an organized and easy-to-understand manner
- The author has a unique way to tell a story from a perspective of a homicide detective, which makes the book engaging and not boring
- The book does not just provide evidence but also explains the counterarguments
- The book mostly includes the traditional arguments by Christian apologetics, and if you are looking for new arguments, you might not find them here. However, if you are new to Christian apologetics, then this book is a perfect choice.
- Author: Nabeel Qureshi
- Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (3K+ customer reviews)
As a best-selling book, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus is a unique approach to proving Christianity. The author, Qureshi, recounts his dramatic and inspiring journey from Islam to Christianity. It does not just include spirituality, but also a theme of reliable investigation of what made Christianity different from other religions. We have read a lot of books from former atheists, but not this one. It is a book written by a former Muslim, something by itself is a dangerous feat. If you want to read a thought-provoking and insightful book on how two of the world’s influential religions clash inside a person’s heart, you better give Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus a try. (Grab your copy here.)
- Gives the reader an idea what Islam is and how it differs from Christianity
- A great way for Christians to reach Muslims
- The author remains loving and respectful to Islam even after reaching the point of converting to Christianity
- If you have a zero knowledge about the religion of Islam, it might be a difficult book to understand particularly in the beginning
- Author: Rice Broocks
- Rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars (340+ customer reviews)
You probably heard about the hit movie, God’s Not Dead. There’s actually a book for it. The best thing about God’s Not Dead is it provides a roadmap that helps truth seekers obtain their much-needed information systematically and strategically. The book claims that there is actually an overwhelming and exciting evidence for God’s existence and faith in God should not only be based on blind faith. (Grab your copy here.)
- Comes with a lot of historical proofs
- A great book for the younger generation
- The author tends to get too technical in some portions of the book
- Author: Frank Turek
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars (238 customer reviews)
The book starts by challenging the common assumption that atheists have evidence, reason, and science on their side. Dr. Frank Turek made a clever argument that atheists actually build their defense on the existence of God, the very thing they militantly and aggressively deny. At the end of the book, Stealing from God enumerates four powerful points on how to prove Christianity is true. (Grab your copy here.)
- Centers around the atheistic arguments and present a counter argument from there
- Helps readers understand how to use science, logic, and reason to prove Christianity
- The author already wrote a previous book with the same theme. Thus, the current book might have just repeated some concepts from the previous one.
- Author: Gregory Koukl
- Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars (488 customer reviews)
Gregory Koukl recognizes the need for Christians to obtain the necessary knowledge and skills to defend their faith by using authoritative sources that skeptics accept. The author has a unique way to provide pieces of evidence in a diplomatic and thoughtful manner. Proving God’s existence does not have to be a debate or heated argument. Koukl’s book shows you how to carry a conversation in a clear, persuasive, and clever manner. (Grab your copy here.)
- The tactics mentioned in the book are highly effective when it comes to reaching out to others
- The book contains practical wisdom and advice on how to approach arguments without being offensive
- The tactics from the book are useful both in sharing the Gospel and in everyday life
- It might take a lot of time before you can master the tactics. As this might be the case, the tactics are worth learning.
Book no. 7: I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
- Authors: Norman L. Geisler, Frank Turek
- Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (496 customer reviews)
Many people view religion as unfounded and nonsensical. However, in this book, the authors present convincing arguments and pieces of evidence to prove how Christianity’s claim is valid and supported. The book takes some of the most traditional and common arguments for Christianity and puts it to the test. (Grab your copy here.)
- Straightforward and easy to understand arguments
- Highly comprehensive approach
- Need to investigate some overstated claims
- Authors: Lee Strobel
- Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (229 customer reviews)
Lee Strobel is an award-winning journalist who formerly worked for the Chicago Tribune. The Case of Christ is an excellent book that recounts his spiritual journey from atheism to faith. The book was recently made into a movie. I have watched the inspiring movie and you can read my review here. Strobel’s book centers around his investigation on the veracity and reliability of the New Testament. Moreover, he also went deeper into dealing with the different evidence regarding Christ’s monumental resurrection. (Grab your copy here.)
- Delivers convincing arguments from the perspective of a former atheist
- Well-written and logical
- Technicalities and jargons may make the book not easy to read
- Authors: William Lane Craig
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars (343 customer reviews)
On Guard is a magnificent book that systematically guides you in defending your faith. It comes with useful sidebars, illustrations, and memorizable steps. Dr. Craig thrives in showing readers how to prove the historicity and veracity of Jesus’ claims and even His resurrection. To make the book more relevant to Christians, it comes with the personal story of Dr. Craig and how he was led to answering the call of God. (Grab your copy here.)
- Provides a practical guide on how to prove Christianity
- Book is written in a highly convincing manner
- Not generally written for the public as it is more focused on helping Christians defend their faith
Book no. 10: Amazing Truths: How Science and the Bible Agree
- Authors: Michael Guillen
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (102 customer reviews)
Many claimed that science and religion are hopelessly incompatible. Some even argue that you can’t be a genuine scientist and Christian at the same time. Of course, for Christians, we know this is not true. But the problem is, how can you back up your belief? How can you prove that science and the Bible do not contradict each other? The answers can be found in Guillen’s book, Amazing Truths. In this book, you will discover the undeniable harmony of the Bible with reliable scientific findings. (Grab your copy here.)
- Perfect book to prove the Bible through scientific methods
- Rich with helpful and updated insights showing the harmony between the Bible and Science
- Some skeptics or agnostics might feel the book is lacking other information and arguments
From time to time, I add new books to this list as I find new ones that are worthy to be featured here. So, it is best that you subscribe to our website so that you get updated when new books are added here.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
So, here are some of the additional books that you should not miss:
Bonus book 1: Is God a Moral Monster? (Making Sense Of The Old Testament God)
This book is one of my favorites. It is written by Paul Copan, one of the leading apologetics in the Christian world today. One of his main mission is to defend the Christian faith. So, it won’t be a surprise to know that his book is a highly recommended one.
In the book, Is God a Moral Monster, you will read some of the most common objections made against Christianity. This includes the killings in the Bible, slavery, gender equality, violence, and so much. So, Paul Copan goes through these arguments and gives powerful and insightful explanations of each of these topics.
I personally recommend this book. You won’t regret buying and reading it.
Choose the best books to prove Christianity is true in May 2022
These are just ten of the best books out there that address the need to prove Christianity’s veracity. With these books, I am sure your faith will surely thrive and become more unshakable. Again, our belief should not be based on blind faith. We know that God exists not just because we believe, but because we can see the evidence all around us.
We read in Romans 1:20:
“For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are CLEARLY SEEN, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.”
There’s no doubt, that the proofs of God’s existence have been with us since day 1. We can see it all around us. However, the Apostle Paul went on to say, “Although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened” (verse 21).
Paul knew that all people have a yearning for spiritual aspects in their lives. They knew that there is more to life than meets the eye. Our lives are not a result of a blind, random game of chance. All people knew God exists, but some just refuse to accept that fact to the point that their foolish hearts were darkened.
I know it is fundamental and even a necessity for every Christian to know how to defend their faith. Thus, the books listed in this blog would surely help you attain not just an unshakable faith, but also the ability to use reason, logic, and science. Ultimately, may we obtain the power to “give a defense to everyone who asks [us] a reason for the hope that is in [us], with meekness and fear” (I Peter 3:15).