I have a question for you:
Who are you?
Almost all of the time, when people are asked, “Who are you?”, the answer goes like this:
“I am John, an engineer.”
“I am Stephanie, a teacher.”
“I am Sam, a doctor.”
“I am Lisa, a CEO.”
Now, there’s nothing wrong with those answers, but let me tell you, those responses actually just answer what you do. It is really NOT who you are.
If you ask the Bible, you will entirely get a different answer — answers that really define who you are and who you will be. As long as you are doing God’s will and purpose in your life, this is how the Bible describes you.
So, who are you exactly? Here’s what the Scripture says:
- You are a child of God (Galatians 3:26).
- You are loved (Galatians 2:20).
- You are not a slave anymore (Galatians 4:7).
- You are blessed (Psalm 118:26).
- You are alive in Christ (Ephesians 2:4-5).
- You are precious (Isaiah 43:4).
- God knows you (Psalm 139:1).
- You are an ambassador of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).
- You are God’s special possession (1 Peter 2:9-10).
- You are created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27).
- You are a friend of Jesus Christ (Yahshua the Messiah) (John 15:15).
- You are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:13-15).
- You are redeemed (Galatians 3:13).
- You are a saint (Corinthians 1:2).
- And so much more!
Now, I want to ask you:
“Who are you?”
Let the Word of God describe you — not the world or the people around you.
You know why?
Because your true value comes from God.
P.S. If you wish to learn more about how to have a more abundant and blessed life, get a copy of the book, “How to Live a Victorious Life.”
P.S.S. If you’re looking for great Christian books to read, check out these lists: