Enroll in our life-changing course
Do you want to learn how to become a more zealous, faithful, and effective Christian? If yes, let our best online course, Becoming Christians Academy be your guide. In this course, you will receive powerful insights and practical lessons that you can apply in your daily life. Sign up today!
October 26, 2022
Today’s reading: Psalms 139:14
Fearfully and wonderfully made
We read in Psalms 139:14:
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
A lot of people have explored the world and the universe. They all have marveled and were inspired by the great and amazing sights this entire universe holds. Rightfully so, all of us are moved by the awesome things we see.
However, how many of us have stopped and considered how wonderful our bodies are? Here are some amazing facts about the human body that you should know:
- Your brain’s storage capacity is considered virtually unlimited. Research suggests the human brain consists of about 86 billion neurons. Each neuron forms connections to other neurons, which could add up to 1 quadrillion (1,000 trillion) connections. Over time, these neurons can combine, increasing storage capacity.
- The human brain can generate about 23 watts of power (enough to power a lightbulb).
- The heart beats about 100,000 times per day (about three billion beats in a lifetime). An adult heart beats about 60 to 80 times per minute.
- An electrical system controls the rhythm of your heart. It’s called the cardiac conduction system.
- It’s estimated the average human body has about 40 trillion cells. It’s estimated the human brain alone contains 80 billion cells. The human body has around 200 different types of cells, like blood cells, bone cells, fat cells, skin cells, and stem cells.
- Your eyes focus on 50 different objects every second. The only organ more complex than the eye is the brain. Your eyes can distinguish approximately 10 million different colors.
- The lungs are the only organ that can float on water. Each of your lungs contains about 300 million balloon-like structures called alveoli, which replace the carbon-dioxide waste in your blood with oxygen.
- Scientists estimate that the nose can recognize a trillion different scents!
- Your ears never stop hearing even while you’re asleep. You can never “turn off” your ears. However, even though you are hearing while you are asleep, the brain does not process sounds in the same way as it does when you are awake. Thus, your ears will always hear and process sound regardless of your state, whether you’re conscious or unconscious, your ears never get a day off!
- Bone marrow is a spongy substance that’s found inside large bones like your hips, pelvis, and femur. Bone marrow houses stem cells. Stem cells are responsible for producing many of your body’s most important cells, including blood, brain, heart, and bone cells.
These are just some of the amazing human body facts I have gathered from various sources. As you can see, your body is a marvel. It’s filled with so many power structures and systems that no other man-made machines can replicate.
Indeed, we can all agree with David when he said we are fearfully and wonderfully made!
If the content of this website blesses you, please consider supporting God’s noble work by sending your donation. This will help in keeping this website running and reach more people with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God.