Suffering is very real in our lives. It can be found in your community, in your country, and in every corner of the earth. No matter where you look, there is always suffering. You do not even have too go to far as you can find suffering in your own life and family.
The suffering we face in our everyday life is just a reminder that we are in this world ruled by satan and we must yearn and groan harder for the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ. Though it might be hard to explain all the suffering in this world, we can be very sure that God is still in complete control. We can go to Him and find the comfort we are looking for.
That is right, God told us to cast our cares to Him as mentioned in I Peter 5:7 (Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you). This verse is not just a promise my friend, but it is a command. It means that we can go to God and be our hiding place when we feel being weighed down too much by problems and overwhelmed by life’s struggles.
There is no one-fits-all solution for the problems we face. Our personal struggles are different from others. It will not be sufficient to address all possible trials that all of us might encounter. But we can always turn to God and put all our cares on Him. In this article, I gathered some of the encouraging Bible verses that we can use every time we have problems.
- Rev. 21:7 – He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
- Rev. 2:10 – Do not fear any of those things that you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
- I Peter 4:6-7 – Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.
- I Peter 4:12-16, 19 – Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but REJOICE to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. If you are reproached for the name of Christ, BLESSED ARE YOU, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters… Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
- I Peter 2:20 – For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
- I Peter 1:6-7 – In this you GREATLY rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
- James 1:2-4 – My brethren, COUNT IT ALL JOY when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
- Hebrews 12:11 – Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
- Phi. 4:11-13 – Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, TO BE CONTENT: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who STRENGTHENS me.
These are just some of the encouraging verses that you can look up to every time you are faced with hardships and trials. Remember that God is not the author of evil but suffering came about because of the wrong choices of human beings. Just surrender your life to God and let Him lead you. Suffering is not all bad but it can help us develop godly character which will qualify us to be part of God’s HolyKingdom to be established here on earth!